[MCVS 01] - "S-Minimalism"

HKMUG X CGV - 定期舉行的香港區CG比賽
獎品 : Microsoft XBOX 360 一部
(由Synnex Technology International (HK) Ltd 贊助)
終極大獎 : HP iPAQ rw4500 一部
(由 Hewlett-Packard Development Company 贊助)

版主: ZU, xam

文章sobig » 29日 6月 2006年, 22:56

h2o 寫:
sobig 寫:i cannot go that forum. it is only for "real" user. i have not bought maxwell., mate.

it is quite funny and stupid sometimes.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum
hey, It should open for public

:wink:

yes, you can surf the forum but you cannot post topic there.
you have to buy it and get the permission with your product no.
although you can register the forum, you cannot ask any questions there.
香港 3ds max 用戶組

cg is for fun, not for money.
otherwise, cg is not yours.
頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1869
註冊時間: 4日 5月 2006年, 00:29
來自: max

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章sobig » 29日 6月 2006年, 22:59

TRUE 寫:for self-learning only and you have such skill is amazing. :o

I found it very hard to use, but I am learning :)

And yes, what is the SL?? render time?? please tell us.

i am happy you guys join me for exploring maxwell.
it is annoying to me.
my SL is 15, render time is 4hrs for 640x480.
it is extremely expensive render but it is value for a still frame.
香港 3ds max 用戶組

頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章sobig » 30日 6月 2006年, 23:44

a) 姓名 : Siu Kiu San, John

b) 職業 : Animator

c) 制作軟件及外卦: 3dsmax 8 , Maxwellrender V1.0, Photoshop CS2, After Effect FX

d) 電腦配備: Pentium(R) 4 CPU, 2.40GHz, 1.00GB RAM

Render所需時間 : 11hrs
附加檔案
Final01.jpg
Final01.jpg (371.6 KiB) 被瀏覽 11965 次
香港 3ds max 用戶組

頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章sobig » 30日 6月 2006年, 23:44

Wireframe
附加檔案
Wire01.jpg
Wire01.jpg (141.66 KiB) 被瀏覽 11961 次
香港 3ds max 用戶組

頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章sobig » 30日 6月 2006年, 23:51

Development of the project "S-Minimalism"

Theme
"S-Minimalism" is the name of my project. I want to achieve three themes like minimalism, comfortable and spacing. Those themes can give me an idea - Free Style. For my project name, "S" means Spacing. My original name called Spacing and Minimalism but it is too long. Eventually, Spacing is replaced by "S". Thus, "S-Minimalism" can be the best name.

Furniture and interior structure
For interior structure, I don't want to build a rectangle apartment that will destroy my topic. I need a bigger area so I build a quite huge spacing with a circle shape. The shape of structure is circle-oriented. Now I got a nice spacing for furniture.

First, I am not a product or interior designer. I am just an animator with design background. Thus, I try to make some furniture with simple design. It cannot be too exaggerated and too complex. Let’s say, the sofa is mainly square shape with light green which produce a relaxation visually. Tea table is also. It is a simple rectangle shape. These stuffs are helpful for minimalism.

Lighting and color scheme
Lighting is also a part of interior design. I used a sun light from exterior to interior. Soft lighting covering on the sofa and floor create natural atmosphere. I removed the reflection of floor as I think reflective wood is AI, not natural. Interior lighting is assistance. A couple of spot lights on the ceiling and the wall dim the dark area.

Comfortable and natural colors are the major color in my scene. All wall's color are white without wall papers or complex texture. Light green sofas near the camera are also. I tried to use black for my sofa's texture but black is too formal and powerful. That would remove the natural mood in my scene. For the spot lights on the ceiling, I used warm color (light orange) as the color of lighting. Warm color will let you sleep and relax.

The Choice of Render Engine
Exploring the new render engine - Maxwell is what I want to do here. Maxwell is invented more than 1year but few people use it nowadays. Even there are not many text books for that. I got so much motivation and excitement when reading Maxwell’s showcases. These are very attractive and unique rendering. Although its render time is extremely terrible, the quality of render is valuable I think. Also, we got two months to deal with this competition. It is ok to try Maxwell 1.0 for only a still frame. I hope the render time will speed up in next version. Then, we can render sequences through it.
香港 3ds max 用戶組

頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

上一頁

回到 MCVS 比賽 (HKMUG X CGV)