Our Product Design Works Update

有關 Product Design 行業的CG應用

版主: Siegfried

Our Product Design Works Update

文章Pixel Art » 12日 4月 2005年, 19:13

First of all, thanks Siegfried introduced us to all of you last two years and brought a large number of visiters into our web site. Recently, we've updated our web contents by adding some of our latest design works and hope to share with all cg guys here. For those feel interested, please visit it at

www.pixelart.com.hk

Thanks and any comments are welcomed.

Pixel Art
Pixel Art
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 6
註冊時間: 3日 4月 2005年, 22:27

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章ant » 27日 4月 2005年, 23:21

Really cool product design.

May I ask u.....

what kinds of software u are using for modeling?

and which software for render?

Thanks
Ant
ant
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 8
註冊時間: 22日 2月 2004年, 00:55

文章Siegfried » 28日 4月 2005年, 15:25

They used A/W softwares.
生死去來 樹頭傀儡
一線斷時 落落磊磊
頭像
Siegfried
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 960
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: 星之大海

文章Pixel Art » 28日 4月 2005年, 19:51

Hi! Besides A/W, we also use UG and Viz.
Pixel Art
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章HapZungLam » 29日 4月 2005年, 06:58

Looking really nice in the porfolio section.

ps. What is the differences between industrial design and product design?
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章Siegfried » 29日 4月 2005年, 09:09

HapZungLam 寫:Looking really nice in the porfolio section.

So many boss misunderstood these 2 terms, and they would very often, regard ID as a superior term....
To me, PD concern on the aesthetic, ergonomics, costing, engg etc, whilst ID concern more on the structure and user interface, you can say ID is far more rational and knowledge-based than PD...so to speak. :-|
生死去來 樹頭傀儡
一線斷時 落落磊磊
頭像
Siegfried
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章yetsing » 29日 4月 2005年, 15:50

good answer...
many people ask me what is ID and what is PD
usually i can't answer this question.

now i get the answer
thank u
yetsing
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 27
註冊時間: 9日 1月 2003年, 21:19
來自: Shanghai, China

文章Siegfried » 29日 4月 2005年, 16:06

And the term " Design ", in the field of engineering, is not about the aesthetic, it's purly about the composite of structure and system, nothing related to beauty and fashion.
生死去來 樹頭傀儡
一線斷時 落落磊磊
頭像
Siegfried
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章Andrew Lee » 29日 4月 2005年, 18:25

good definition

Siegfried 寫:So many boss misunderstood these 2 terms, and they would very often, regard ID as a superior term....
To me, PD concern on the aesthetic, ergonomics, costing, engg etc, whilst ID concern more on the structure and user interface, you can say ID is far more rational and knowledge-based than PD...so to speak. :-|

Good to see some high quality and professional works in here. I have got a few questions and comments about your website.

When I visit a company's website I am interested in. I want to know further more about the men behind the company, what he studied, what he worked for, what has he done, any award he got....

If you have won any award, it is better to show it in your website.

The actual products and service certainly are the main things to show and interest people to a company. But if I were the client, I would like to see more how do you work, what does the studio looks.... they are just a bonus and give client more confidents

The design look very nice and modern. It's good to have a stylish products at home. However, it is very difficult to sale a product which already has a big 'market share' (I am not a ID or PD man, probably use the wrong word). For example, if i buy a PDA, I would always choose Palm or the other well known manufatory which has a good support.... I am wondering how do you guys fight with your big competitor, or the sales is not your business?

I have got a friend who own a product design company in HK too. Do you know them? Have you heard about them?

http://www.skyworkshop.com/

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.andrewlee.hk
頭像
Andrew Lee
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1562
註冊時間: 4日 8月 2003年, 09:24
來自: Hong Kong
外號: Andrew Lee

文章luxoJr » 30日 4月 2005年, 02:20

good
頭像
luxoJr
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 201
註冊時間: 26日 11月 2004年, 01:33

文章Pixel Art » 30日 4月 2005年, 12:36

To be simple, Industrial design implies "huge" industrial equipments, public facilities and professional products (e.g. medical equipments, vending machines, bus stop station design......)

Product design implies "small" consumer products (e.g digital camera, CD boomboxs, mobile phones, hair dryer.....)

Hope it can help
Pixel Art
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章Pixel Art » 30日 4月 2005年, 12:49

Andrew Lee 寫:good definition

Siegfried 寫:So many boss misunderstood these 2 terms, and they would very often, regard ID as a superior term....

Good to see some high quality and professional works in here. I have got a few questions and comments about your website.

When I visit a company's website I am interested in. I want to know further more about the men behind the company, what he studied, what he worked for, what has he done, any award he got....

If you have won any award, it is better to show it in your website.

The actual products and service certainly are the main things to show and interest people to a company. But if I were the client, I would like to see more how do you work, what does the studio looks.... they are just a bonus and give client more confidents

The design look very nice and modern. It's good to have a stylish products at home. However, it is very difficult to sale a product which already has a big 'market share' (I am not a ID or PD man, probably use the wrong word). For example, if i buy a PDA, I would always choose Palm or the other well known manufatory which has a good support.... I am wondering how do you guys fight with your big competitor, or the sales is not your business?

I have got a friend who own a product design company in HK too. Do you know them? Have you heard about them?

http://www.skyworkshop.com/

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for your comments.
Actually, we did not intend for putting all things into our web. The main ojective is only want to raise our potential clients' interest for further enquiry. Beside, we signed NDA to our existing clients and cannot easily disclose any sensitive information to public. I'm sorry and hope you can understand.
Pixel Art
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章葉仙兒 » 30日 4月 2005年, 12:56

gd,多d系呢度 post圖睇睇! :)
葉仙兒
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 25
註冊時間: 14日 2月 2003年, 01:35

文章新 Ricky » 3日 5月 2005年, 09:47

Siegfried 寫:

So many boss misunderstood these 2 terms, and they would very often, regard ID as a superior term....

hihi..... see u again .....!!!
Totally agree !!!
u r really expert PD.......
Looking for position of product designer (electronic consumer product) !!!
http://3designhk.com
圖檔
頭像
新 Ricky
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 24
註冊時間: 14日 4月 2005年, 13:04
來自: SSW

文章Siegfried » 3日 5月 2005年, 10:23

I'm just an amateur... :mrgreen:
生死去來 樹頭傀儡